The GSX spent a long 2 weeks at the mechanic. It turns out the oil leak was due to the cam shaft seals that I never installed...woops. The oil drip was from a hole in the turbo oil drain line. Both of these were fixed in pretty short order, leaving a week to troubleshoot the reason behind not being able to get into 2nd gear.
Notice how its not in my garage!
Read on to follow the final week of the Eclipse build.
Every now and then we mention our tame racing driver Christian, sometimes we even let him post an article on here. Christian is an avid autocrosser as well as SCCA member, corner worker and occasional instructor. We've been bugging him for years about how there is no rallycross program in Georgia, and each time he assures us that Atlanta and middle Georgia SCCA are trying their best to make it happen. This past weekend, for the first time we got to play in the dirt, it was awesome, we want more, and If we don't get any more we're going to start killing the hostages.
With race day two weeks away, the GSX is fully assembled, but won't start. My original goal was to have the car running two weeks before the race so that I could troubleshoot any issues that arose from daily driving. Well, it looks like the troubleshooting is going to begin before she gets driven anywhere.
An engine needs 3 things to run: air, fuel, and spark. I'm obviously missing at least 1 of them. Follow me after the jump as I sort through each one to get this car going.
Well, its been a while since the last Red Rocket update. That's because most of the action has been taking place in the mail, so I haven't had much to talk about. The biggest delay involved the cylinder head. The head I had turned out to be bowed, twisted, and decked beyond spec. This thing had a rough life.
Illustrating the many ways in which the head was unusable.
While I was waiting for a new head to come in, I took the time to clean a few parts and give the interior some TLC.